[Soot-list] Relaxing Semantic rules for Java?

Marc-Andre Laverdiere-Papineau marc-andre.laverdiere-papineau at polymtl.ca
Thu Jul 12 15:25:30 EDT 2012

On 2012-07-12 07:35, Eric Bodden wrote:
> Hello.
>
>> If working from .class files compiled with debug options, can soot get
>> this information as well?
>
> Yes that should work.
>
>> Otherwise, is there an option to choose the compliance level / Java
>> version in soot?
>
> As of now not yet - we never hit this problem. But it should be easy
> to add such a flag. Does anyone know if there are any other
> source-level changes between Java 5 and 6?
>
> Eric

Here is a non-comprehensive list of changes since 1.5
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/guides/language/enhancements.html

Note that it mentions nothing in Java 6... grr.

It turns out that there was some human error that made the documentation
out of sync with the behavior. See here:
https://blogs.oracle.com/ahe/entry/override_snafu

Here is the official list:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/features-141434.html
I don't see anything really language-wise, only new APIs that should be
handled just fine. Even the scripting language integration should be
handled OK, since it is all contained in plain strings. However, that
last part can create information flows that soot won't be able to
recognize yet.

--
Marc-André Laverdière-Papineau
Étudiant au doctorat - PhD Student