[Soot-list] Relaxing Semantic rules for Java?

Marc-Andre Laverdiere-Papineau marc-andre.laverdiere-papineau at polymtl.ca
Mon Jul 16 18:39:35 EDT 2012

On 07/12/2012 07:35 AM, Eric Bodden wrote:
> Hello.
>
>> If working from .class files compiled with debug options, can soot get
>> this information as well?
>
> Yes that should work.
>
>> Otherwise, is there an option to choose the compliance level / Java
>> version in soot?
>
> As of now not yet - we never hit this problem. But it should be easy
> to add such a flag. Does anyone know if there are any other
> source-level changes between Java 5 and 6?
>
> Eric

Hello,

I have found that the annotation processing code is 100% generated from
JastAdd's 1.5 front-end. It is located in Annotation.java.

My guess is that we could replace the front-end with the JastAdd Java 7
front-end.

Did anyone ever try? Is there some compatibility issues?

Regards,

--
Marc-André Laverdière-Papineau
Étudiant au doctorat - PhD Student