[Soot-list] Bug in Exclusion Mechanism?

Marc-Andre Laverdiere-Papineau marc-andre.laverdiere-papineau at polymtl.ca
Mon Jul 16 08:42:57 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am trying to an analysis on Alfresco, and it turns out that the
dependencies on that one are a nightmare.

I am running without the whole program dependencies and I get this:

8:34:16.651 [main] DEBUG c.polymtl.gigl.casi.darwini.SootMain - Found 79
exclusions: [javax.jcr, java_cup.runtime, org.mozilla,
org.springframework, ...

Soot started on Mon Jul 16 08:34:16 EDT 2012
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: couldn't find
class: org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.TestWebScriptServer (is
your soot-class-path set properly?)
	at soot.SootResolver.bringToHierarchy(SootResolver.java:205)
	at soot.SootResolver.processResolveWorklist(SootResolver.java:155)
	at soot.SootResolver.resolveClass(SootResolver.java:124)
	at soot.Scene.loadClass(Scene.java:448)
	at soot.Scene.loadClassAndSupport(Scene.java:433)
	at soot.Scene.loadNecessaryClasses(Scene.java:1079)
	at soot.Main.run(Main.java:167)
	at soot.Main.main(Main.java:141)
	at ca.polymtl.gigl.casi.darwini.SootMain.main(SootMain.java:161)

Now, I know that I don't have this on my classpath. But I need to know
why I would've anyway. That's something that a jar needs, AFAIK, not the
code itself.

And since that code has weird dependencies, chasing the jar is no fun...
Any way to fix the exclusion mechanism so that it doesn't even try to
load this?

Regards,

--
Marc-André Laverdière-Papineau