[Soot-list] More documentation/publications for intra-procedural analysis in soot

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at ec-spride.de
Mon Jul 30 07:01:27 EDT 2012

Hi Amit.

Those are fairly standard fixed-point iteration algorithms that you
can find in any good book on compilers, such as the one by Muchnik:

http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Compiler-Design-Implementation-Muchnick/dp/1558603204
(Section 8)

Cheers,
Eric

On 30 July 2012 12:42, Amit <ciphermaker99 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I saw the survivor guide and Eric Bodden's example about intra procedural
> data flow analysis using soot but now need more internal details of the
> algorithm
> (i.e. how loops, conditional branches etc are handled). I need this to
> recreate soot for a non-java platform.
>
> Please point me to the details of the algorithm used in ForwardFlowAnalysis
> (and the others). The wikipedia link on DFA is not that helpful.
> (Some publications and pseudo-code style explanation would be great.)

Eric Bodden, Ph.D., http://bodden.de/
Head of Secure Software Engineering Group at EC SPRIDE
Tel: +49 6151 16-75422    Fax: +49 6151 16-72051
Room 3.2.14, Mornewegstr. 30, 64293 Darmstadt