[Soot-list] Help with FastHierarchy.isSubclass(SootClass child, SootClass parent)

Henddher Pedroza hpedro2 at uic.edu
Fri Oct 5 17:07:44 EDT 2012

Hello all,

I am new to Soot. I am using 2.5.0

I am trying to use Soot to analyze Android apps. I am using Soot
framework (without phases).

I am specifying sootClasspath as android.jar and my target jar, allowing
phantom refs, and app mode. I am excluding all classes found in
android.jar.

I am trying to detect any class which derives from another class. When I
use android.app.Activity as parent, it works ok. But when I use
android.database.sqlite.SQLiteOpenHelper as parent,
FastHierarchy.isSubclass throws NPE (line 151) because parentInterval is
null.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance