[Soot-list] Help with FastHierarchy.isSubclass(SootClass child, SootClass parent)

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at ec-spride.de
Sat Oct 6 10:10:22 EDT 2012

Hello.

Could it be that android.database.sqlite.SQLiteOpenHelper is loaded as
a "phantom class" because it is not on your classpath?

Eric

On 5 October 2012 18:07, Henddher Pedroza <hpedro2 at uic.edu> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am new to Soot. I am using 2.5.0
>
> I am trying to use Soot to analyze Android apps. I am using Soot
> framework (without phases).
>
> I am specifying sootClasspath as android.jar and my target jar, allowing
> phantom refs, and app mode. I am excluding all classes found in
> android.jar.
>
> I am trying to detect any class which derives from another class. When I
> use android.app.Activity as parent, it works ok. But when I use
> android.database.sqlite.SQLiteOpenHelper as parent,
> FastHierarchy.isSubclass throws NPE (line 151) because parentInterval is
> null.
>
> Any suggestion?
>
> Thanks in advance

Eric Bodden, Ph.D., http://sse.ec-spride.de/ http://bodden.de/
Head of Secure Software Engineering Group at EC SPRIDE
Tel: +49 6151 16-75422    Fax: +49 6151 16-72051
Room 3.2.14, Mornewegstr. 30, 64293 Darmstadt