[Soot-list] exception table question

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at ec-spride.de
Thu Oct 11 03:49:47 EDT 2012

Hello.

> Is the first exception table illegal?

Stricktly speaking, to the best of my knowledge, it is not illegal, as
it is covered by the JVM spec. Whether it makes sense is another
questions.

> What does "any" mean in the first table?

I think it's a performance optimized version that has the same
semantics as "Class java/lang/Throwable". Hence also the translation
by Soot that you see...

> Can I safely remove line 2, 4, 6 (the entry of type any) in the original table?

Probably not. The semantics is that if more than one handlers match,
as can be the case here, then the first will execute. Maybe your
analysis should take that into account.