[Soot-list] integer ClassHierarchy for Integer1Type

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at ec-spride.de
Thu Oct 18 08:31:21 EDT 2012

Hi Heejong.

Again, I have seen this before with code generated from Android apps,
and again it has to do with the type assigner not being able to assign
types properly. I guess you really should wait for proper Android
support...

Eric

On 18 October 2012 09:53, Heejong Lee <heejong at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> I've got an InternalTypingException thrown by
> soot.jimple.toolkits.typing.integer.ClassHierarchy.typeNode(Type) method.
> I found that when the parameter of typeNode(Type) is an instance of
> Integer1Type,
> typeNodeMap.get(type) returns null.
>
> Currently, it seems that typeNodeMap only has 5 keys from the constructor:
>     typeNodeMap.put(BooleanType.v(), BOOLEAN);
>     typeNodeMap.put(ByteType.v(), BYTE);
>     typeNodeMap.put(ShortType.v(), SHORT);
>     typeNodeMap.put(CharType.v(), CHAR);
>     typeNodeMap.put(IntType.v(), INT);
>
> But I see that predefined nodes for Integer1Type, Integer127Type,
> Integer32767Type
> also exist in the code:
>   public final TypeNode R0_1 = new TypeNode(6, null);         //eventually
> becomes boolean
>   public final TypeNode R0_127 = new TypeNode(7, null); //eventually becomes
> byte
>   public final TypeNode R0_32767 = new TypeNode(8, null); //eventually
> becomes short
>
> Could typeNode method have an Integer1Type parameter?
> Could you suspect anything that why this exception happens?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -- Heejong
>
> --
> Heejong Lee
>
> Associate Research Engineer
> Program Analysis Division
> Fasoo.com, Inc. (www.spa-arrow.com)

Eric Bodden, Ph.D., http://sse.ec-spride.de/ http://bodden.de/
Head of Secure Software Engineering Group at EC SPRIDE
Tel: +49 6151 16-75422    Fax: +49 6151 16-72051
Room 3.2.14, Mornewegstr. 30, 64293 Darmstadt