[Soot-list] Using Soot with Maven

Julien Nicoulaud julien.nicoulaud at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 05:53:52 EDT 2012

2012/9/4 Eric Bodden <eric.bodden at ec-spride.de>

> Hi there.
>
> > Feedback to developer team: on the downloads page, all versions between
> > 2.2.0 and 2.3.0 point to sootall.jar instead of soot.jar. Is it possible
> > make soot.jar accessible for these versions as well ?
>
> Those JARs were never build for those versions. I guess it would be
> possible to build them but we never went through the trouble, as those
> versions are quite outdated anyway.

OK, no problem.

> > It would be nice if macro options had setters in Options as standard
> > options. Right now the logic for macro options is in Options.parse(), so
> > have to duplicate this logic or use commands line args for invoking Soot.
>
> I am sorry but I don't understand what you mean. Could you rephrase that?

It is just a request to ease embedding Soot.
See how I invoke Soot:
https://github.com/nicoulaj/soot-maven-plugin/blob/master/src/main/java/net/nicoulaj/maven/plugins/soot/SootMojo.java#L756
This works fine for options that have setters in Options. But it is not the
case for macro options, that are only accessible through command-line
parsing. See for example "optimize":
https://github.com/Sable/soot/blob/master/generated/options/soot/options/Options.java#L662
If there was a Options.set_optimize(boolean), that would make things easier.