[Soot-list] What kind of analysis is appropriate?

Zeinab Lashkaripour lashkaripour at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 20 07:30:12 EDT 2013

Thanks Marc-André,

> It sounds to me like you are interested in doing an intraprocedural
alias analysis. And intersect the results with the loop conditions.

Yes, your right but it might change to interprocedural (for now its intra).

> ... then an information flow analysis would make sense.

As I understand, you mean that I need a flow-based alias analysis?
I should mention that I am looking for special strings that use the parameter of the function that they are inside (these strings can be identified easily).  Therefore the things I need after identifying these strings are: loop conditions and local variables that have used the parameter. As you said alias analysis is suitable but,does reaching definition (UD chain) need to be used beside alias analysis or does flow-based alias analysis do the work by it self?

Thanks in advance,
Zeinab