[Soot-list] What kind of analysis is appropriate?

Marc-André Laverdière-Papineau marc-andre.laverdiere-papineau at polymtl.ca
Fri Apr 19 21:41:52 EDT 2013

Hello,

It sounds to me like you are interested in doing an intraprocedural
alias analysis. And intersect the results with the loop conditions.

Of course, if you want to handle cases where there could be operations
other than assignment of the variables, then an information flow
analysis would make sense.

Soot provides classes that computes de CFG for you (ExceptionalUnitGraph
IIRC), and there is a built-in LocalMustAliasAnalysis that should do the
trick. Note that I haven't used those classes personally, so I could be
wrong.

Marc-André Laverdière-Papineau
Doctorant - PhD Candidate