[Soot-list] Concrete field nodes exist in field-based points-to analysis in Spark

Macro Angkor macro.angkor at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 10:16:54 EDT 2013

Through step-by-step debugging on the building process of method pag,
finally I find the cause. No matter in the field-based or field-sensitive
mode, Spark models an array variable as a VarNode and its elements as a
field ArrayElement. Whenever there exists access to an array element, Spark
would generate FieldRefNode, which in turn leads to Concrete field nodes in
the points-to propagation.

So, does it imply that field-based points-to analysis is not always
field-based?