[Soot-list] Filename of XML output from tag/attribute generation

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at ec-spride.de
Sat Feb 2 05:49:27 EST 2013

Hi Jiaqi.

I am not sure what the actual naming conventions are. But if you say
that the renamed file works then probably it would make sense to
include the package name. If you provide us a patch I am happy to
include it.

Cheers,
Eric

On 1 February 2013 23:54, Jiaqi Tan <tanjiaqi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the Soot Eclipse plugin installed, and I would like to generate
> annotations on the source-code of a given class, but I'm having
> trouble getting the output to show up in Eclipse.
>
> Currently, I have written a simple data-flow analysis subclassed from
> ForwardBranchedFlowAnalysis, and I have a BodyTransformer which uses
> the output from my analysis and adds a bunch of ColorTag's and
> StringTag's. I also have a stub main class which adds my
> BodyTransformer to the jap Jimple annotation pack.
>
> The class which I'm analyzing is in some package, a.b.c.myClass.
> Currently, I am running the analyzing using the right-click menu in
> Eclipse on the myClass.java file. I have a saved configuration under
> "Soot > Process Source File > Manage Configurations", in which I
> specify my stub main class as the main class, and my project name. The
> analysis runs fine, and I get the output in
> WORKSPACE/PROJECT/sootOutput/attributes/myClass.xml. However, the
> annotations do not show up in Eclipse, and they show up only when I
> rename the XML file to a.b.c.myClass.xml.
>
> Is there any way I can get Soot to write the XML with the tag
> information to a file whose name is the full package+class name? Must
> the attribute file name contain the full package+class name?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Regards
> Jiaqi Tan

Eric Bodden, Ph.D., http://sse.ec-spride.de/ http://bodden.de/
Head of Secure Software Engineering Group at EC SPRIDE
Tel: +49 6151 16-75422    Fax: +49 6151 16-72051
Room 3.2.14, Mornewegstr. 30, 64293 Darmstadt