[Soot-list] Usage of context-sensitive PTAs

Quentin Sabah quentin.sabah at inria.fr
Thu Feb 7 16:24:20 EST 2013

Hi all, I partly solved my problem with the geom-pta.

> Using the ptas without context, I experience two strange behaviours:

> - with geom-pta, reachingObjects(Local) looks also fine but
> reachinObjectsArrayElements(PTS) always returns an empty pts where the
> vanilla Spark returns the proper set of AllocNode corresponding to
> objects stored in the array.

In fact, with '-p cg.spark enabled,geom-pta', even reachingObjects(PTS,FIELD) is returning an empty pts.
However, I found out that I get proper results when I add the 'geom-trans' option.

Regarding the use of a Context with reachingObjects, I have been reading Soot's source code to get more information but it is quite complex. My conclusion is that I should pass a Context from either tgtCtxt or srcCtxt of a callgraph edge I'm interested in. Any advice is welcome.

Regards.

--
Quentin Sabah, CIFRE Ph.D. student
Grenoble University
mailto:quentin.sabah at inria.fr  | mailto:quentin.sabah at st.com
phone: +33 476 61 52 42        | phone: +33 476 58 44 14