[Soot-list] Seeking proposals for Google Summer Of Code projects

Bernhard Berger berber at tzi.de
Sat Feb 16 04:37:58 EST 2013

Hi Eric,

today I had to migrate my analysis to another machine since the 32GB ram are nut sufficient. Therefore, I'm interested in tweaking Soot towards memory efficiency. Perhaps it is possible to load and store jimple bodies during cg construction to reduce the memory footprint. This would go along with your idea of persisting jimple bodies [1].  Furthermore it would be interesting to persist the cg and points-to sets to speed up analysis development with large systems.

Perhaps some of you have more concrete ideas how to improve memory consumption or runtime behavior of soot.

Bernhard

[1] http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/pipermail/soot-list/2013-January/005072.html