[Soot-list] Seeking proposals for Google Summer Of Code projects

Marc-Andre Laverdiere-Papineau marc-andre.laverdiere-papineau at polymtl.ca
Mon Feb 18 19:33:23 EST 2013

Hello,

Here are some ideas - I am sure that some of them are too big for a GSOC
- but could be part of a bigger target.

- Metrics: how big is the IR? How is that size spread (esp libraries)?
How much time an IFDS analysis is spending in each part of the code?
- Exploded graph output: I know you already have that one waiting for a
student ;)
- Transformation DSL: right now, doing program transformations in Soot
is very tedious. A concise domain-specific language would be interesting.
- Support for other languages (only for highly caffeinated students ;) )
- Tracking of the source code location in the IR. This would be very
very useful for reporting analysis results!!!

You can tell that the last one is the most important in my opinion.

Marc-André Laverdière-Papineau
Doctorant - PhD Candidate