[Soot-list] Need help on an example

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at ec-spride.de
Fri Jan 18 03:55:34 EST 2013

Hello.

> 1. Does Kill[d] contain all the reaching defs of  d whether a) before it or
> after it, b) in a branch or not, that d kills?
>
> 2. What about the kills inside a block?
> ..
> If I write my answers for the above example would anyone help me?? or if
> there is a good example that could help I would be really grateful.

I think you misunderstand the basics of data-flow analysis. Jimple has
no blocks (for the reason of making analyses more simple) and in
Jimple you also don't need to worry about branches because an
RD-analysis only processes assignment-statements and no Jimple
statement can be both a branch and an assignment.