[Soot-list] Virtualinvoke

Quentin Sabah quentin.sabah at inria.fr
Tue Jan 29 08:25:59 EST 2013

Hi,

> I have seen that virtualinvoke has been used for function calls in CFG,
> Is that right?
I can't really judge of what you have seen or not seen.
Edges in the callgraph may be virtual-invoke calls when the exact target
method cannot be resolved statically. Most instance-method calls in Java
end-up being virtual. Calls to static methods and private methods, on
the other hand are statically resolved.

I noticed your questions are usually quite fuzzy, would you mind being
more precise in the future?

> Another question is that I recall in jimple we don't have basic block
> and this means that every Unit has only on Stmt, is this conclusion also
> right?
Yes technically the Stmt interface extends the Unit interface. And you
can check that by looking at the sub-interfaces and implementing classes
of the Unit and Stmt interfaces in the java doc.

--
Quentin Sabah, CIFRE Ph.D. student
Grenoble University
mailto:quentin.sabah at inria.fr  | mailto:quentin.sabah at st.com
phone: +33 476 61 54 57        | phone: +33 476 58 44 14