[Soot-list] LOC in Dacapo-2006 benchmark

Zhoulai zell08v at orange.fr
Wed Jan 30 02:19:27 EST 2013

Hello,

Recently, I analyzed Dacapo-2006 using soot. I find the LOC that I got for
the benchmark is much less than the one in your 2006's oopsla paper.

In particular, I find xalan has only 4786 LOC, hsqldb has 5634 LOC, fop has
182109 LO . I am aware of issues related to whether to count LOC of library
class. But I am using the options that maximal LOC could have been
collected started from main class.

The options I used include: -pp, -w, -app, and the following

           sootArgs.add("-include");
            sootArgs.add("org.apache.");
            sootArgs.add("-include");
            sootArgs.add("org.w3c.");
            sootArgs.add("-p");
            sootArgs.add("cg.spark");
            sootArgs.add("enabled:true");
            sootArgs.add("-p");
            sootArgs.add("cg.spark");
            sootArgs.add("on-fly-cg:true");

Do you think it is normal to have 4786 LOC for xalan?

Zell.