[Soot-list] quick question on build failure

Tony Yan yan at cse.ohio-state.edu
Wed Jan 30 10:17:22 EST 2013

Hi,

First of all, is there a guideline on building the development branch
on github? Or maybe a FAQ on build errors?

I was trying to build the whole thing, and had the following error messages:

    [javac] .../Sable/soot/src/soot/jimple/toolkits/ide/JimpleIDESolver.java:35:
solve() in heros.solver.IDESolver<soot.Unit,D,soot.SootMethod,V,heros.InterproceduralCFG<soot.Unit,soot.SootMethod>>
cannot be applied to (int)
    [javac] 		super.solve(numThreads);
    [javac] 		     ^
    [javac] .../Sable/soot/src/soot/jimple/toolkits/ide/JimpleIDESolver.java:33:
method does not override or implement a method from a supertype
    [javac] 	@Override
    [javac] 	^
    [javac] .../Sable/soot/src/soot/jimple/toolkits/ide/JimpleIFDSSolver.java:36:
solve() in heros.solver.IDESolver<soot.Unit,D,soot.SootMethod,heros.solver.IFDSSolver.BinaryDomain,heros.InterproceduralCFG<soot.Unit,soot.SootMethod>>
cannot be applied to (int)
    [javac] 		super.solve(numThreads);
    [javac] 		     ^
    [javac] .../Sable/soot/src/soot/jimple/toolkits/ide/JimpleIFDSSolver.java:34:
method does not override or implement a method from a supertype
    [javac] 	@Override
    [javac] 	^

I believe the errors with "@Override" are related to bug in compiler,
and I usually just remove the annotations. But it doesn't work this
time. Any clue what would be the reason for build failure?

Thanks,
Tony