[Soot-list] quick question on build failure

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at ec-spride.de
Wed Jan 30 11:12:19 EST 2013

Hello.

>     [javac] .../Sable/soot/src/soot/jimple/toolkits/ide/JimpleIDESolver.java:35:
> solve() in heros.solver.IDESolver<soot.Unit,D,soot.SootMethod,V,heros.InterproceduralCFG<soot.Unit,soot.SootMethod>>
> cannot be applied to (int)
>     [javac]             super.solve(numThreads);
>     [javac]                  ^

I don't understand this message. Are you using the "develop" branch of
Heros, too? (you should)

>     [javac] .../Sable/soot/src/soot/jimple/toolkits/ide/JimpleIDESolver.java:33:
> method does not override or implement a method from a supertype
>     [javac]     @Override
>     [javac]     ^
>     [javac] .../Sable/soot/src/soot/jimple/toolkits/ide/JimpleIFDSSolver.java:36:
> solve() in heros.solver.IDESolver<soot.Unit,D,soot.SootMethod,heros.solver.IFDSSolver.BinaryDomain,heros.InterproceduralCFG<soot.Unit,soot.SootMethod>>
> cannot be applied to (int)
>     [javac]             super.solve(numThreads);
>     [javac]                  ^
>     [javac] .../Sable/soot/src/soot/jimple/toolkits/ide/JimpleIFDSSolver.java:34:
> method does not override or implement a method from a supertype
>     [javac]     @Override
>     [javac]     ^
>
> I believe the errors with "@Override" are related to bug in compiler,
> and I usually just remove the annotations. But it doesn't work this
> time. Any clue what would be the reason for build failure?

No this depends on the java source version you are using to build the
code. The build.xml script uses source="1.6", which should usually
work. (it works for me!)

Normally if you just use the "develop" branches of soot, jasmin and
heros then it should all be consistent.

Cheers,