[Soot-list] Summer of code: finalizing project selection

Richard Xiao richardxx at cse.ust.hk
Wed Mar 6 06:16:20 EST 2013

Hi, Eric:

I'm interested in your visual debugger proposal. I still remember the pain
of tracing the pointer assignments and manually draw them on the paper.

I don't know if I'm capable of being an advisor, because I don't know what
exactly the visual debugger aims for. Can you be more specific of the
project target?

But whatever, I will follow this project and try my best to answer the
questions.

Cheers,
Xiao

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 5:01 PM, Eric Bodden <eric.bodden at ec-spride.de>wrote:

> Hello.
>
> > I've talked to NASA Ames people and they've agreed to vouch for us. We
> > will have to apply as a small organization and ask for 2-3 students,
> > i.e., we should instantiate at most 2-3-(4 at most) projects.
>
> That's great, thanks! I will actually be on vacation and conference
> travel from March 10 until the end of the month. Hence I wonder if you
> Elena would be willing to take the lead on the overall proposal.
>
> The way I see it, we could currently have two possible projects:
>
> A visual debugger for static analyses
> Advisors: Eric Bodden and ANY VOLUNTEER?
>
> Symbolic execution of Java/Android code
> Advisors: Saswat Anand and ANY VOLUNTEER? (Phil unfortunately had to
> retract his offer to co-advise)
>
> Elena, do you think this is enough or do you think that Google is
> rather looking for proposals with more topics?
>
> Cheers,

Richard Xiao Xiao
PhD Student @ CSE @ Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
www.cse.ust.hk/~richardxx