[Soot-list] Possible to run Soot analysing Java library?

Yi Lin qinsoon at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 20:31:53 EST 2013

Hi all,

I am trying to use Soot to analyse the Java library, for example,
java.lang.Object.

I assume, with the following options, Soot might be able to treat the
library as normal application classes:

    * set "java" package as include application classees
    * set app
    * do not set 'jce.jar'/'rt.jar' as Soot classpath

but it seems not working.

With stable version 2.5, Soot reports no error, but sees those classes
as having no class members: no field, no methods.
With nightly build, Soot (actually JastAdd) reports: Semantic Error:
duplicate member Object in compilation unit.

I am wondering if Soot implies there is a java.lang.Object even if it is
not provided in its classpath.
Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Yi