[Soot-list] Same SootClass with two different numbers???

Marc-Andre Laverdiere-Papineau marc-andre.laverdiere-papineau at polymtl.ca
Wed Mar 20 19:54:36 EDT 2013

Hello,

I am doing an analysis on a program and I am hitting a bug.

I have two parts of the algorithm loading a SootClass for a given class.

I call getNumber() on the first instance, I get 842.
I call getNumber() on the second instance, I get 4317.

I thought that the numbers were supposed to be unique.

So I am guessing that: a) there is a bug in the numbering algorithm or
b) Somehow, two definitions of the same class gets loaded.

Which one is more likely? Is there a way to prevent b) from happening?

Regards,

--
Marc-André Laverdière-Papineau
Doctorant - PhD Candidate