[Soot-list] side-effect and exception analysis with soot

Marc-André Laverdière-Papineau marc-andre.laverdiere-papineau at polymtl.ca
Wed May 8 13:37:56 EDT 2013

Hello,

First, thanks for letting us know about your project!

Sorry for the late reply. I was hoping that one of the wiser folks would
answer, but no luck ;)

 From what I can see in the code, there is a side effect analysis
available in the Soot code and stored in the Scene singleton. There are
a few other implementation at other places that I can see, like in the
Geometric PTA implementation. I am not seeing code for exception analysis.

My guess is that you are looking for interprocedural analysis, right?
Have you considered implementing that analysis in the IDE framework?

Regards,

Marc-André Laverdière-Papineau
Doctorant - PhD Candidate