[Soot-list] LineNumberTag for field declarations and method definitions

Bodden, Eric eric.bodden at sit.fraunhofer.de
Mon Oct 28 04:55:16 EDT 2013

Hi Guru.

Are there no tags associated with the SootField instances? Are you processing source code or bytecode?

Cheers,
Eric

On 25.10.2013, at 22:41, Guru Devanla <gdevan2 at uic.edu> wrote:

> Hello Soot-list,
>
> This is a question regarding the LineNumberTag not being set for field declarations or method declarations.
>
> During my analysis, I am able to correctly obtain the line numbers of statements within any method.
>
> Now, how do I obtain the line numbers of following artifacts.
>
> class X
> {
>   int member;
>
>    public int someMethod(){....}
> }
>
> In the above example, I would like to get the line number of line "int member" and "public int someMethod()".
>
> For all other statements, I just use stmt.getTag("LineNumberTag") and it works fine.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Guru

Prof. Eric Bodden, Ph.D., http://sse.ec-spride.de/ http://bodden.de/
Head of Secure Software Engineering  at Fraunhofer SIT, TU Darmstadt and EC SPRIDE
Tel: +49 6151 16-75422    Fax: +49 6151 16-72051
Room 3.2.14, Mornewegstr. 30, 64293 Darmstadt