[Soot-list] Flowdroid cannot identify simple password text flow

Steven Arzt Steven.Arzt at cased.de
Mon Dec 15 11:09:24 EST 2014

Hi,

This one of the loose ends we still have. Anonymous inner classes are supposed not to access any final fields of their enclosing methods. This is on the long list of possible enhancements we can still do at some point. It has nothing to do with password fields or UI elements in general – that could also be a getDeviceId() or anything else.

By the way, I am currently looking for a student who wants to work on integrating a more precise sink model into FlowDroid; I’m sure you remember the conversation we had on this. Hopefully, I’ll find someone decent and we can make progress on that.

Best regards,

  Steven