[Soot-list] Working with PDGs in Soot

Nate Deisinger ndeisinger at wisc.edu
Fri Feb 14 19:22:59 EST 2014

Hi folks,

Sorry to keep coming back with more questions.  As I mentioned in my
last post I'm working on path tracing in Java programs, and the next
step in my research is to start using the results to perform slicing on
a program dependence graph (PDG) of the program.

Of course, this implies having a PDG in the first place.  I'm aware Soot
has the HashMutablePDG class implemented, but that appears to be a
control-flow only PDG (someone correct me if I'm wrong?)

Does Soot have any built-in support for PDGs with data-flow edges as
well, or does anyone know of a good PDG generator for Java programs that
works with Soot? (I've found a thesis that discusses PDG and SDG
generation in Soot, but it's several years old and the code does not
appear to be available anymore - see
http://www.slideshare.net/darvind/thesis-a-static-slicing-tool-for-sequential-java-programs).

Thanks very much,
Nate