[Soot-list] Get the run-time associated value at certain line(a more clear description for the previous question)

Jingyi Wang wangjyee at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 00:28:33 EST 2014

Hi Sooters:

What I want to achieve with soot is to use it to instrument the code such
that during run time it can print out all (global and local) variables and
their associated values in a file (output.txt) during run time.

E.g. Given a simple program
int arr=0; //line 1
for(int i=0;i<5;i++){ //line 2
  arr++; //line 3
}//line 4

In the output.txt, this supposed to be what it prints out:
line 1: arr=0
line 2: i=0;arr=0
line 3: i=0;arr=1
line 2: i=1;arr=1
line 3: i=1;arr=2
line 2:i=4;arr=4
line 3:i=4;arr=5
line 2:i=5;arr=5
line 4:i=5;arr=5

Can I achieve this with soot? If yes, what's the general idea for this?

Thanks,
Jingyi