[Soot-list] Build Eclipse-Plugin

Bernhard Berger berber at tzi.de
Thu Jun 12 15:07:44 EDT 2014

Hi,

Am 12.06.2014 um 14:51 schrieb wii <w1zagr33n at gmail.com>:

> I made some changes on the plugin for eclipse.
> But I encounter some problems with its build. And I'd like to ask for
> any help, if you have already faced the same problem:
>
> Although the external eclipse packages are already declared on the
> plugin.xml,
> I get errors like:
>
> $ant eclipse-plugin
>     [javac]
> eclipse/ca.mcgill.sable.soot/src/ca/mcgill/sable/graph/GraphEditor.java:27:
> error: package org.eclipse.gef.editparts does not exist
>     [javac]
> eclipse/ca.mcgill.sable.soot/src/ca/mcgill/sable/graph/GraphEditor.java:24:
> error: package org.eclipse.gef does not exist
>     [javac]
> eclipse/ca.mcgill.sable.soot/src/ca/mcgill/sable/graph/GraphEditor.java:36:
> error: cannot find symbol import org.eclipse.core.runtime.IProgressMonitor;
>

> I tried even to add these packages manually on the plugin.xml, but
> errors still remain.
> Do you have idea for this problem??

First of all, the way the soot eclipse plugin declares its dependencies is very outdated. Nowadays, they are written down in the MANIFEST.MF. Nevertheless, this should not be the reason for your problem. Can you verify that the "${eclipse.loc}“ variable points to the correct location? Furthermore, there should be a plugin called org.eclipse.gef_….jar in the plugins folder.

> With the chance, I'd like to ask - as it's not clear enough to me- how
> exactly I can use the eclipse-plugin.jar after its build.
> As I see in the '/usr/share/eclipse/plugins ... / '  the downloaded soot
> plugin uses only the jar of the classes. Is the eclipse-plugin.jar useful?
You can deploy the resulting jar file into the dropin folder and eclipse will load it on the next restart. The eclipse-plugin.jar contains some ui components for using Soot from eclipse.

Regards, Bernhard