[Soot-list] Phantom Classes and CFGs

Marc-Andre Laverdiere-Papineau marc-andre.laverdiere-papineau at polymtl.ca
Fri Mar 7 10:41:24 EST 2014

Hello,

I have read a paper that was just published from Gomes et al.
http://www.nada.kth.se/~dilian/Papers/fase14.pdf

Essentially, their article is about over-approximating the call targets
and exceptional edges in the CFG when a method is unknown. This supports
incremental compilation as a side-benefit.

I was wondering how Soot is handling the same lack of information
(Phantom Classes). Are we also injecting conservative exceptional edges?
Are we already doing all this???

P.S. They also boast that they are faster than Soot without giving any
experimental results. I'm going to stop now, before I say any bad words.

Regards,

--
Marc-André Laverdière-Papineau
Doctorant - PhD Candidate