[Soot-list] Strange exception while adding certain invoke edges in a method

Bernhard Berger berber at tzi.de
Tue Mar 11 16:59:55 EDT 2014

Hi,

this exception is thrown if there is an syntactic error in a Jimple file that is parsed. It seems that Soot tries to load a Jimple file (perhaps modified) that contains invalid Jimple code. I’ve seen this kind of problem if there are class names that are legal in bytecode but illegal in Jimple, e.g. package-index. Try to identify the class that is loaded (who calls Scene.forceResolve in your context?) or have a look at the log messages that are above the pasted exception. The error is located in line 8, col 79 in the Jimple file.

Hope the pointer helps you to find the problem,

Bernhard