[Soot-list] Strange exception while adding certain invoke edges in a method

ASHISH MISHRA ashish123.mishragkp at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 16:24:17 EDT 2014

Dear All,

I am trying traversing all the bodies in application classes and form some
instructions adding new edges in the method body.

I have run into a strange exception,

*Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Parser exception
occurred: soot.jimple.parser.parser.ParserException: [8,79] expecting:
quoted name, identifier*
* at soot.jimple.parser.JimpleAST.<init>(JimpleAST.java:60)*
* at soot.JimpleClassSource.resolve(JimpleClassSource.java:39)*
* at soot.SootResolver.bringToHierarchy(SootResolver.java:215)*
* at soot.SootResolver.bringToSignatures(SootResolver.java:239)*
* at soot.SootResolver.bringToBodies(SootResolver.java:280)*
* at soot.SootResolver.processResolveWorklist(SootResolver.java:150)*
* at soot.SootResolver.resolveClass(SootResolver.java:124)*
* at soot.Scene.forceResolve(Scene.java:1279)*
*....*

This happens while creating a call graph on the modified code. I understand
that I am generating invalid syntax somewhere during transformation , but
running soot.Body.validate() , shows no error.

1)Has anyone else to come across this exception
2)Can any one help locating the possible source of problem.

Thanks

--
Regards,
Ashish Mishra