[Soot-list] Adding a Custom Classloader to Soot

Marc-André Laverdière marc-andre.laverdiere-papineau at polymtl.ca
Mon Mar 17 13:40:14 EDT 2014

Hallo Sebastian,

Are you talking about overriding where/how Soot loads class definitions,
or just using a new Java ClassLoader?
I am going to assume the former. I have an interest on the matter, due
to a need (on the back-burner) to deal with scopes, something that is
useful when dealing with JEE.

A simple solution that works for some use cases, which I'm using, is to
generate/copy the class definitions to a folder (which was empty, but on
the soot class path), and then using Scene.v().forceResolve(...). Maybe
this would work for you.

Otherwise, you would have to modify the code. The starting point for
your discovery is soot.coffi.Util.v().resolveFromClassFile. Enjoy :)

Regards,

Marc-André Laverdière-Papineau
Doctorant - PhD Candidate