[Soot-list] Best class to extend new type of statement for parameter

Steven Arzt Steven.Arzt at cased.de
Mon Mar 24 08:23:19 EDT 2014

Hi Utsav,

I’m always a bit skeptical about introducing new Unit types into Soot. The
problem is that analyses depend on covering an exhaustive set of types. If
you introduce a new one that is not a subclass of an existing leak class
(i.e. one that has no further subclasses at the moment), these analyses
might miss things. The next problem arises with the IO routines: Soot will
not know when and how to  produce your new unit type when reading in
class/java/dex/
 files. The same will happen when writing them back out in
the end.

Best regards,

  Steven