[Soot-list] Soot Dual License Possible?

Stephan Ewen stephan.ewen at tu-berlin.de
Fri Mar 28 16:58:08 EDT 2014

Hi everyone!

We have worked quite a bit with soot and like a lot. We would like to
include some features that perform code analysis it in one of our projects.

The problem is that the project is Apache Licensed and that LGPL is
incompatible with the Apache Software License 2 (that is actually a first
hand assessment from an Apache PMC).

I wanted to ask if you would consider offering soot under a different
license. Some projects offer their libraries under a dual license: There is
a (L)GPL variant, and a ASL/BSD/MIT licensed variant.

That would allow us to go ahead with our code analysis efforts, based on
Soot. Otherwise, I think we cannot make the Soot dependent features part of
our project.

Greetings,
Stephan