[Soot-list] Android APK Analysis

Modhi Alsobiehy m99m20 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 30 10:38:52 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I have two questions:

1. Once I follow the android instrumentation tutorial, do I use soot normally as in analyzing java?? i am not sure what i am missing, i literally copied and pasted the the code provided in the tutorial - with some adjustments of course- and i noticed that whatever apk file i analyze, the produced jimple files are empty-body!!

2. i have been told about JVM TI to analyze dex files. For those who tried it, in comparison with soot, which one is more powerful if we need insert some code to monitor data transmission behavior of an app??

-Best,
Modhi