[Soot-list] Soot Resolving Level error in FlowDroid

Bodden, Eric eric.bodden at sit.fraunhofer.de
Tue Oct 14 03:09:06 EDT 2014

Hi.
Do you get the same with our nightly build?

Sent from my mobile

On Oct 14, 2014 3:21 AM, Frank Liauw <liauw at nus.edu.sg> wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to compile FlowDroid from source, more specifically the develop branch as I am keen on trying out the memory improvements discussed in https://mailman.cs.mcgill.ca/pipermail/soot-list/2014-October/007420.html.

It compiles fine, but on running of the analysis, the following error from Soot is prompted:

[Call Graph] For information on where the call graph may be incomplete, use the verbose option to the cg phase.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: This operation requires resolving level SIGNATURES but com.android.volley.VolleyLogLog$Marker is at resolving level DANGLING
If you are extending Soot, try to add the following call before calling soot.Main.main(..):
Scene.v().addBasicClass(com.android.volley.VolleyLogLog$Marker,SIGNATURES);
Otherwise, try whole-program mode (-w).
at soot.SootClass.checkLevel(SootClass.java:135)
at soot.SootClass.getMethods(SootClass.java:432)
at soot.jimple.spark.builder.ContextInsensitiveBuilder.handleClass(ContextInsensitiveBuilder.java:106)
at soot.jimple.spark.builder.ContextInsensitiveBuilder.build(ContextInsensitiveBuilder.java:85)
at soot.jimple.spark.SparkTransformer.internalTransform(SparkTransformer.java:84)
at soot.SceneTransformer.transform(SceneTransformer.java:39)
at soot.Transform.apply(Transform.java:90)
at soot.RadioScenePack.internalApply(RadioScenePack.java:57)
at soot.jimple.toolkits.callgraph.CallGraphPack.internalApply(CallGraphPack.java:49)
at soot.Pack.apply(Pack.java:116)
at soot.jimple.infoflow.android.SetupApplication.calculateCallbackMethods(SetupApplication.java:325)
at soot.jimple.infoflow.android.SetupApplication.calculateSourcesSinksEntrypoints(SetupApplication.java:265)
at soot.jimple.infoflow.android.SetupApplication.calculateSourcesSinksEntrypoints(SetupApplication.java:235)
at soot.jimple.infoflow.android.TestApps.Test.runAnalysis(Test.java:503)
at soot.jimple.infoflow.android.TestApps.Test.main(Test.java:208)

How do I go about resolving this error? It did not come up when I'm using the nightly build from late September. I came across another issue at https://mailman.cs.mcgill.ca/pipermail/soot-list/2014-July/007068.html which references a similar problem.

Any guidance will be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Frank LIAUW