[Soot-list] java.lang.VerifyError while instrumenting in soot

Rashmi Mudduluru mudduluru.rashmi at csa.iisc.ernet.in
Sat Oct 18 14:12:35 EDT 2014

Hi,

I am using soot instrumentation to access all the newly created objects.
The instrumentation stage is fine but when I execute the instrumented
bytecode, I get the error "Expecting to find object/array on stack".

Following is my code snippet:
SootMethodRef mr;
LinkedList<Value> args = new LinkedList<Value>();
args.addLast(val);
mr = Scene.v().getMethod("<" + observerClass + ": void " + "newObj" +
"(java.lang.Object)>").makeRef();
units.insertAfter(Jimple.v().newInvokeStmt(Jimple.v().newStaticInvokeExpr(mr,
val)), s);

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Rashmi.