[Soot-list] java.lang.VerifyError while instrumenting in soot

Steven Arzt Steven.Arzt at cased.de
Mon Oct 20 04:01:42 EDT 2014

Hi Rashmi,

Have you double-checked that "val" is indeed of the correct type? It must
match the type of the first parameter of the method you are calling. Are you
sure that the method you are calling is indeed static? Also please run Soot
with the -validate option enabled to run Soot's internal code checkers.

Best regards,
  Steven

M.Sc. M.Sc. Steven Arzt
Secure Software Engineering Group (SSE)
European Center for Security and Privacy by Design (EC SPRIDE)
Mornewegstraße 32
D-64293 Darmstadt
Phone: +49 61 51 16-75426
Fax: +49 61 51 16-72118