[Soot-list] unreachable code in jimple files?

Martin Schäf martinschaef at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 11:15:54 EDT 2014

I have a new opinion and this might also be interesting for another email
thread that talks about detecting finally blocks:
In
>             21   135   170   Class java/lang/Throwable
>             21   135   179   any
Is it possible that the "catch" is the first line, and the finally the the
second? Because, as finally is executed anyway, it actually does also catch
stuff that is not "Throwable" (even though you have to switch off the
bytecode verifier for that).

So without any evidence to support this claim: if finally blocks and up as
"any"  in the exception table, this could be super useful to detect them,
and would be a nice to have in Jimple (which apparently turns them into
Throwable).

On the other hand, how would you pitch a problem like this to the JDK folks
/ how do you reach them?