[Soot-list] Inserting code at entry point of method body, and change the super class of a particular

Tanzirul Azim tanzir.buet at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 04:54:14 EDT 2015

Hi,
I am completely new to soot instrumentation. I am playing with soot for
android. I was wondering how can I add code to method entry points, for
example say there is a method named onClick, i want to add the following
code there,
MyStaticCLass.myFunc(param 1, param 2);

And finally I want to change the super classes of some classes. For example
if there are classes that extend Activity super class I want them to extend
MyActivity instead.

I had followed Eric Bodden's instrumentation tutorial.
http://www.bodden.de/2013/01/08/soot-android-instrumentation/

But if I change the onDraw to onClick or onCreate nothing happens, that is
no HELLO is printed inside onCreate. I believe it only puts Hello after the
invoke code not inside that particular method.
SO, I was thinking can you guys show me a simple example with such
instrumentation?
--
Regards,
Tanzirul Azim