[Soot-list] Inserting code at entry point of method body, and change the super class of a particular

Steven Arzt Steven.Arzt at cased.de
Tue Aug 11 05:25:21 EDT 2015

Hi Tanzirul,

There is a good tutorial on Android instrumentation available on our blog: http://sseblog.ec-spride.de/tutorials/

Best regards,

  Steven

Von: soot-list-bounces at CS.McGill.CA [mailto:soot-list-bounces at CS.McGill.CA] Im Auftrag von Tanzirul Azim
Gesendet: Dienstag, 11. August 2015 10:54
An: soot-list at CS.McGill.CA
Betreff: [Soot-list] Inserting code at entry point of method body, and change the super class of a particular

Hi,

I am completely new to soot instrumentation. I am playing with soot for android. I was wondering how can I add code to method entry points, for example say there is a method named onClick, i want to add the following code there,

MyStaticCLass.myFunc(param 1, param 2);

And finally I want to change the super classes of some classes. For example if there are classes that extend Activity super class I want them to extend MyActivity instead.

I had followed Eric Bodden's instrumentation tutorial.
http://www.bodden.de/2013/01/08/soot-android-instrumentation/

But if I change the onDraw to onClick or onCreate nothing happens, that is no HELLO is printed inside onCreate. I believe it only puts Hello after the invoke code not inside that particular method.

SO, I was thinking can you guys show me a simple example with such instrumentation?

--
Regards,
Tanzirul Azim