[Soot-list] Variable references in Dava units

Bodden, Eric eric.bodden at sit.fraunhofer.de
Tue Feb 3 14:39:07 EST 2015

Hi Maria.

Dava is pretty much unmaintained and I know nobody any more who really knows how it works (and to what extent). So I am afraid I cannot be of any help there.

Cheers,
Eric

> On 03.02.2015, at 08:58, Maria Jenkins <mkjxocai at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> We are using dava. Can we get our hands on a jimple AST to traverse?
>
> Thanks!
>
> On Feb 3, 2015 4:17 AM, "Bodden, Eric" <eric.bodden at sit.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
> Hi Maria.
>
> > Right now I can get the local variables from the DavaBody but I can’t seem to check if the Unit contains the variable. Is there a better structure to use than to do this with Units?
>
> Do you mean JimpleBody? Or are you indeed using Dava? I guess you want to use Jimple.
>
> Note that due to aliasing etc. it won't be enough to simply check for variable names (instances). FlowDroid, which uses IFDS, already uses a side-effects analysis as you are describing it, but only to weed out static field accesses. This is exactly because any filtering of non-static accesses requires additional analysis that can be quite expensive in itself.
>
> Cheers,

Prof. Eric Bodden, Ph.D., http://sse.ec-spride.de/ http://bodden.de/
Head of Secure Software Engineering at Fraunhofer SIT, TU Darmstadt and EC SPRIDE
Tel: +49 6151 16-75422    Fax: +49 6151 869-127
Room B5.11, Fraunhofer SIT, Rheinstraße 75, 64295 Darmstadt