[Soot-list] Why FlowDroid invokes one activity multiple times in dummyMainMethod()

Xinxin Jin xinxinjin89 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 17:59:39 EST 2015

Hi Wei,

Sorry for the confusion. What I mean is the init method
"SessionLivestreamActivity:
void <clinit>()>" is invoked multiple times. In the generated dummyMain, I
can see a lot of statements like:

$r63 = new com.google.samples.apps.iosched.ui.SessionLivestreamActivity
$r115 = new com.google.samples.apps.iosched.ui.SessionLivestreamActivity
$r121 = new com.google.samples.apps.iosched.ui.SessionLivestreamActivity
$r205 = new com.google.samples.apps.iosched.ui.SessionLivestreamActivity

Is it normal ?
Thanks very much.

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 2:51 PM, Wei Yang <davidyoung8906 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi! Xinxin,
>      Your question is not very clear. Are you referring to call graph when
> you say " dummyMainMethod() invokes an Activity called
> SessionLivestreamActivity "? Activity normally has multiple entry point
> methods (e.g. onCreate(), onStop() ), so it is likely that in an call
> graph, the same activity could appear on several CG nodes.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Best wishes,
> David

>> Hello,
>>
>> I am running FlowDroid on one Android app, and found dummyMainMethod()
>> invokes an Activity called SessionLivestreamActivity *14* times.
>> ​In my mind, each activity is an entry point of an app. So should not
>> dummyMainMethod() only invokes each entry point once ?
>> From my experiments, most of the time the activity class is indeed
>> invoked just once. So I am confused in which particular situation the
>> activity class will be invoked multiple times ?​
>>
>> ​Thank you very much !​
>>

>> --
>> Xinxin

Xinxin