[Soot-list] Incomplete call graph generated by Soot with APK

R.F. rayfang1991 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 18 03:10:18 EDT 2015

Hi,

First of all, I want to thank the Soot contributors for creating such a
powerful framework for analysis and instrumentation.

Recently, I was leveraging Soot, Soot infoflow and Soot infoflow Android to
analyze Android applications. However, I found that the call graph of an
APK file generated by Soot is incomplete.

Here's the APK file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0ceYAgUVEZbX3pNS1paS0ZQZ2s/view?usp=sharing

Here's my code of analyer:
https://gist.github.com/LazarusX/abef8d1d678ef51b20a1

Here's the code snippet of CameraActivity.smali, which is obtained by
reverse-engineering the APK:
https://gist.github.com/LazarusX/7a3e987d15539b7cca2a
<https://gist.github.com/LazarusX/7a3e987d15539b7cca2a>

In the call graph generated by Soot, the onResume method is present,
however, <com.noclicklabs.camera.CameraSurface void
startReceivingLocationUpdates(android.location.LocationManager)> is not,
which is actually invoked at Line 83.

Is there something wrong with my code or is this a bug in Soot?

Best Regards,
R. F.