[Soot-list] Java 8 support status

Raffi Khatchadourian rkhatchadourian at citytech.cuny.edu
Mon Oct 12 20:13:33 EDT 2015

Dear Soot community,

I just wanted to inquire about the status of Soot and Java 8. I have seen a few issues on GitHub, as well as several email posts, but I noticed this today on the Soot website <http://sable.github.io/soot/>:

What input formats does Soot provide?
Currently, Soot can process code from the following sources:

	• Java (bytecode and source code up to Java 7), including other languages that compile to Java bytecode, e.g. Scala

Does this mean that byte code is supported for all Java versions but source code is only supported up to Java 7? Thanks for your help!

Raffi