[Soot-list] soot build issues

Lucy Simko lucy.simko at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 17:32:20 EDT 2015

Hello!

I have a feeling this is a silly question, but I do need help because I would really like to use soot:

I can’t get soot to build, and I can’t find a place on the soot page to download a (stable, non nightly-build) jar file that includes all its dependencies. Is there a way to dowload the jar file directly? The tutorials I’ve looked at start assuming I already have the jar file. I’m looking specifically for soot 2.5, as I assume that is the latest stable version, though any later stable version would be fine as well.

My specific problem is that I downloaded the source for jasmin and heros as well, and can’t build jasmine because was missing some dependency. (com.google.common.cache.CacheBuilder).

I have also tried following the instructions to build it with Eclipse, but I am running into an error when importing the .psf file: “Projects for repository type org.eclipse.egit.core.CitProvider could not be loaded as the type could not be found.”

I’m not terribly familiar with building java projects, so maybe the fix should be obvious, but it’s not.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Lucy S