[Soot-list] Missing API in callgraph

Simone Aonzo simone.aonzo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 12:03:17 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I use soot/flowdroid and I've a doubt about the generated callgraph of
this code:

private void requireapi() {
         String msg = "WiFi-Disabled";
         WifiManager wifi = (WifiManager)
getSystemService(Context.WIFI_SERVICE);
         if (wifi.isWifiEnabled())
             msg = "WiFi-Enabled";
         Toast toast = Toast.makeText(this, msg, Toast.LENGTH_LONG);
         toast.show();
     }

with soot, when I call the edgesOutOf(..)

Iterator<Edge> edgesOut = callGraph.edgesOutOf(sm);

the only edge that I found is:

STATIC edge: $r4 = staticinvoke <android.widget.Toast:
android.widget.Toast
makeText(android.content.Context,java.lang.CharSequence,int)>(r5, $r1,
1) in <com.example.testapp.MainActivity: void requireapi()> ==>
<android.widget.Toast: android.widget.Toast
makeText(android.content.Context,java.lang.CharSequence,int)>

why miss the getSystemService and the isWifiEnabled method?
both android.widget.Toast and  android.net.wifi.WifiManager are phantom
classes!

Thanks for help,
Simone