[Soot-list] Spark & Android Source Code no main class

Steven Arzt Steven.Arzt at cased.de
Sun Feb 28 14:50:25 EST 2016

Hi Anshul,

For using SPARK, you need a proper entry point. This entry point must be a public static method that is the starting point of your program execution. In a Java program, this would be the main() method. Unfortunately, there is no such method in an Android app. Therefore, you need to create your own. For a precise callgraph, this custom entry point must faithfully model the interaction of the Android framework with the app. As this is very complex, I would recommend using the existing implementation in FlowDroid:

             SetupApplication app = new SetupApplication

                           ("D:/Tools/adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20140321/sdk/platforms",

                           "D:/Temp/com.tweakersoft.aroundme-1.apk");

             app.calculateSourcesSinksEntrypoints("D:/Arbeit/Android Analyse/soot-infoflow-android/SourcesAndSinks.txt");

             soot.G.reset();

             Options.v().set_src_prec(Options.src_prec_apk);

             Options.v().set_process_dir(Collections.singletonList("D:/Temp/com.tweakersoft.aroundme-1.apk"));

             Options.v().set_android_jars("D:/Tools/adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20140321/sdk/platforms");

             Options.v().set_allow_phantom_refs(true);

             Options.v().setPhaseOption("cg.spark", "on");

             Scene.v().loadNecessaryClasses();

             SootMethod entryPoint = app.getEntryPointCreator().createDummyMain();

             Options.v().set_main_class(entryPoint.getSignature());

             Scene.v().setEntryPoints(Collections.singletonList(entryPoint));

             System.out.println(entryPoint.getActiveBody());

             PackManager.v().runPacks();

             System.out.println(Scene.v().getCallGraph().size());

This code should give you a non-empty callgraph.

Best regards,

  Steven